My clinics/masterclasses are custom-tailored to the particular school, music store, or audience with whom I'm working, however, the most common subject matter that I address is how to make a living as a working bass player. Topics include: vital skill sets, tools of the trade, tone, versatility, networking, how to get/keep gigs, image/stage presence, and professionalism. I also demonstrate sounds, techniques, and concepts that I commonly employ, and products from my endorsing companies.
Some of the schools/events where I've held clinics/masterclasses include:
• Berklee College of Music (Boston, MA)
• Bass Player Live! Conference (Hollywood, CA)
• Musicians Institute (Hollywood, CA)
• Rock & Roll Fantasy Camp
• University of Miami (Miami, FL)
• Interlochen Center for the Arts (Interlochen, MI)
• Miami-Dade Community College (Miami, FL)
• Quad Cities Rock Academy (Davenport, IA)
I'm available for private lessons/career counseling at my studio in Los Angeles, in your city if you can catch me on the road, or via Zoom/Skype. Lesson plans are based on the student's needs, but are typically geared towards the more advanced student. Rates are $100 per 60 minute lesson, or $60 per 30 minute lesson.